Transport between DXB (Dubai) and AUH (Abu Dhabi) Airports – options and advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

I may be taking a trip soon which means arriving at one of these airport and the going to catch a flight from the other.

I will likely choose a hotel at each arrival airport but wondering if there is a bus service going directly between each airport? I have been to both cities before and taken a taxi arranged by each hotel ( cannot recall how much – was a while ago), but in this instance there would not be too much of a rush to get from one to the other but any advice would be appreciated. If there is a bus from each that could be sufficient.

Any insight, experiences or specific suggestions greatly appreciated.

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

The way I normally do it is to take the Metro to Ibn Battuta (Red Line) 60 mins and then the bus from Ibn Battuta (right outside the Metro) to Abu Dhabi airport 60 mins. You can book online (I normally do it after arrival). Total about AED40.

https://www.abudhabiairport.ae/en/Transport/Airport-shuttle

Unless multiple bags then it’s easier to do a car transfer about AED350.

The other option is if travelling Emirates you can buy a flight ticket including their bus to Downtown AD, but it doesn’t stop at the airport so you would have to get a taxi back. Extra distance and not really practical.

FDOS
    Participant

This will get you from AUH airfield to Ibn Battuta mall at the Marina end of Dubai.

Abu Dhabi Airport to Dubai – new AUH Express Shuttle

From there, the Dubai Metro Red line will get you downtown, chaning to other lines, as necessary.

FDOS
    Participant

Please note that I posted at the same time as SimonS1, but it took BT a while to approve the link.

SimonS1s suggestions are good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls