Transferring at Charles de Gaulle Airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Ab0dache
    Participant

I was looking at the CDG map inside the AF magazine when I wrote the details. It is interesting to note that the pdf is slighty different that the magazine.
    The pdf (with the link in the answers above) seems more accurate.

The N1 landsite terminals 2 bus shuttle is clearly shown on the pdf but not at all on the AF magazine (strange!).
    The what I called the red bus shuttle line (between 2G and 2E Hall M) is only show on the magazine. So I think it must not exist anymore.

The two airside corridors (the one between 2E and 2F, and the other one between 2E Hall L and 2F) are better designed on the AF magazine paper map. There are designed by those two pedestrians airside lines in velvet on the pdf map. You are not outside, it is really a building corridor (protected against any bad weather).

Here you only have the pdf available, so I hope I have not confused anyone.

Otherwise the pdf is better, with the running hours of the buses.

Ab0dache
    Participant

I remember your good review Tom.

I remember it because I was so amazed, and you were right to notice that, when you said you were served in the lounge the tiniest glass of champagne you ever had in your life. How unbelievable it is in the country where champagne is produced and for an Air France experience!
    I hope this has changed.

But the car transfer is definitively an excellent service to forget for a moment you are in an airport. It is the top of the Sky Priority lane!

sparkyflier
    Participant

Not had time to look at the link but do remember an AF review when they ran out of red or white wine! Its a bit like BA not having tea or beer on board!

But about CDG, I last changed planes there using AF business class. I was prepared for it to be awkward, and it is not that easy, but I was vigilant to signs etc, and having a C ticket certainly helped to get in and through queues faster etc. The AF lounge I initially thought much the same as Canucklad, but after a short while some nice food started to arrive and I left the lounge happy! Not an outstanding “event” lounge with any wow factor but at least I left with a nice taste in my mouth!

I have always told friends and colleagues though that CDG is not that easy, and to NEVER allow less than 2 hours for a connection, if not 2.5/3 hours. It seems also that taking buses to planes and parts of the terminal is the norm.

Look forward to your findings.

canucklad
    Participant

Ahhh, yes Tom, sparkflyer has reminded me of a suggestion I was going to give you last night.

Please ask the good people at CDG today to give you the full transfer experience.

Land on a runway, far, far away, maybe Liege and taxi for what seems like the flight time all over again, to a stand somewhere near Bordeaux, wait for 15 minutes for your bus to appear, have your plane spotters book at the ready as they then tour you round and round and round more aprons than a hotel kitchen would have, (you have to have be carrying a bag and standing next to a smelly sweating halitosis garlic ridden man for this part of the experience) until you finally arrive at a door within viewing distance of the plane you disembarked not 20 minutes earlier.

And then you go through the looking glass…. : )

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Tom – I tried to find my itinerary but couldn’t locate it. We were indeed transferring on to an intra-European flight (to GVA if I recall correctly) from an inbound CX flight

travelsforfun
    Participant

I’ve used SkyPriority a number of times at CDG and it generally works well – though, if I recall correctly at Terminal 2D, the benefit is limited to by-passing the queue for passport control after which one is then together with everyone else for the security screening.

My experience of transferring non-Schengen to non-Schengen on AF (so usually between concourses K and L – often wholly within K) is that it is generally straightforward.

I was a little less impressed last time I did an AF Schengen (French domestic) to non-Schengen transfer, from Terminal 2F to Terminal 2D, Concourse K. I thought there was an airside route – but was turned away from going via Concourse L and the signs instead took me out via Arrivals. I had sufficient time in my connection, otherwise the landside detour might have become a problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls