Tom Otley: best wishes for the future.

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

To begin, I would like to wish Tasmin Cocks every success as Editor of Business Traveller magazine.

As Tasmin remarks in her editorial, she is surrounded by a great team, and I have no doubt that the magazine will continue to inform and entertain us for a great many years to come.

Equally, I wish Tom every success for the future. Since I first began to read BT (more years ago than I care to remember!!), Tom has been editor and steadily guided the magazine and this forum through some very challenging and indeed unprecedented times. Not to mention dealing with one or two forum members who shall remain nameless…..

I had the pleasure of meeting Tom in person at two BT events over the years and found him to be a thoroughly pleasant gentleman and such was his presence that my memories of these short exchanges remain as vivid as in their immediate aftermath.

It is good to see Tom remains as a contributor to BT, and I look forward to many further contributions.

Best of luck Tom and a sincere thank you for a great many years of invaluable advice and superb writing.

Pat

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Well said! As well as his responsibilities in terms of the magazine and here on the forum, I really like his YouTube video reviews. Probably because he is of my (our) generation, the reviews are sober, comprehensive and helpful, in knowing what to expect. No distractions and exaggerations. Thank you Tom!

4 users thanked author for this post.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

All the best for the future, Tom. I had the pleasure of meeting you a couple of times at BT events. Good luck with whatever you do next.

Simon

3 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you, that’s very kind.

… and thank you for your support of the magazine and forum through all these years, and your kind words about Tamsin who is an excellent editor.

Have a lovely Easter break.

Best wishes

Tom

BugAdvisor
    Participant

Thanks Tom for steering BT for as long as I can remember. Good luck in your new endeavours

1 user thanked author for this post.

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

Tom, you’re leaving?? 😭
    I’ll miss your YT flight reviews

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Me too!

cwoodward
    Participant

Good job Tom !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

May I echo the above sentiments Tom. It was a pleasure meeting you at a few dinners and I also wish you well for the future. If you’re ever in Lugano or Cape Town do get in touch, it will be my pleasure to invite you for a lunch or dinner. I think you still have my details?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls