Today or tomorrow…?!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• openfly
    Participant

There are hints that Cruz could be out on his ear within 24 hours….let’s hope so. If that happens the pilot strikes may be called off. Fingers crossed on both counts!

Jenni Reid
    Keymaster

IAG denied the rumours earlier today –

but we shall see!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

When I saw the headline openfly I thought you were referring to Flymaybe.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

I have seen on another forum that there are rumours of his imminent departure, however I have been unable to find anything on the internet and am unable to contact my BA source today. It may just be wishful thinking, let’s hope that the power of positive thought does the trick!

BA would deny it until it’s official. They are probably preparing a press statement gushing with praise. I can just see it :
    “Under his management, Alex has achieved a turn-around in the fortunes of the airline” : that’s true, they won’t say it was negative.
    “Our thanks go to Alex.” : Also true, they don’t have to say thanks that’s he’s going.

Will Cruz go for a cruise? Let’s hope so. If the rumours are buzzing around Waterside I would imagine the bottle stores in the area will be doing a roaring trade in champagne. Apparently when Robert Ayling waved goodbye there wasn’t a bottle of bubbly to be found within a 10 mile radius!

rferguson
    Participant

I think that very few of the decisions that AC makes at BA are his own and he is more the puppet of our former CEO.

**Personal opinions only**

7 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

Sounds like the dreaded Jose Mourinho vote of confidence.

Cheerio in the morning.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=954758]
    Will Cruz go for a cruise? Let’s hope so. If the rumours are buzzing around Waterside I would imagine the bottle stores in the area will be doing a roaring trade in champagne. Apparently when Robert Ayling waved goodbye there wasn’t a bottle of bubbly to be found within a 10 mile radius![/quote]

LOL

capetonianm
    Participant

he is more the puppet of our former CEO.

Muppet might be a better word.

2 users thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

@Alex….oh no, I hope not.

capetonianm
    Participant

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ba-chief-may-pay-price-for-latest-pr-disaster-1.3999297

Final paragraph :

Who knows what Mr Cruz is wearing now? We’ve seen and heard nothing from him now, apart from Sunday’s self-congratulatory centenary statement. The last thing BA needed was another crisis, particularly another badly handled crisis, and there was mounting speculation yesterday that Mr Cruz will be made to pay the price for this latest PR disaster.

If the rumours doing the rounds are anything to go by, Mr Cruz would be better advised to ditch the high-vis jacket in favour of a flak jacket.

canucklad
    Participant

Apparently the CAA are demanding answers on how BA are treating those customers who’ve had their flights cancelled.

all in all not great publicity when they’re supposed to be celebrating their dubious centenary !!

[quote quote=954763]think that very few of the decisions that AC makes at BA are his own and he is more the puppet of our former CEO.[/quote]

Agreed, so I wonder who’ll get the post-it notes and stream of emails from Mr. Walsh ?

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=954763]I think that very few of the decisions that AC makes at BA are his own and he is more the puppet of our former CEO.

**Personal opinions only**[/quote]

Of course, and this is why he is dead… #fuse

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=954848]Of course, and this is why he is dead… #fuse[/quote]

Doesn’t get rid of the problem though, does it?
    To continue capetonianm’s analogy….

If Wille Walsh is Jim Henson , who’s going to be the next Bert or Ernie ?

Javier Sánchez-Prieto or
    Luis Gallego

Or might be Kermit , aka Fernando Candela

Whoever it is, they’ll have Sandie Shaw’s hit single ringing in their ears !!

2 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Is Alex Cruz on the Outs at British Airways?

Could Alex Cruz be forced out of the top position at British Airways? Flyers purportedly close to the subject suggest that the executive could be looking for a new job just days after the flag carrier celebrated their 100th anniversary.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1984613-cruz-gone-rumour-15.html

SimonS1
    Participant

Sad thing is a year ago the duty boys on FT would have jumped on this, waxing on about how wonderful AC is, had a great chat at the last GGL event, all the ‘enhancements’ he has delivered etc etc and slapped down anyone suggesting to the contrary.

A year later he doesn’t seem to have a friend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls