TK cancels passenger's return ticket and charges him £250 after check-in error

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• PhilipHart
    Participant

Turkish Airlines cancels a passenger’s homeward booking even though he could prove he was on the outbound flight

I’m impressed by the lengths to which this guy went to make his case, including “subject access request” for CCTV footage from LHR – something i’ve never heard of before!

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Good for him. Having worked in airline IT I do know how this can happen, even if it shouldn’t, but with adequate staff training it can overridden and rectified.

Years ago I worked for a company associated with a travel agency where I had purchased tickets for my parents to fly CPT LHR on an SAA flight. I took them to the airport, walked across the tarmac (I had a pass) and watched them board the aircraft. Next day SAA called the office and asked why Mr and Mrs. CPT were no-shows. The call was put through to me and I said they were not no-shows and in fact had just called me to say they were safe home. They refused to believe me and I had to get a member of the cabin crew on the flight, who happened to be a personal friend, to tell the appropriate department she had looked after my parents on the flight!

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=881033]
    Years ago I worked for a company associated with a travel agency where I had purchased tickets for my parents to fly CPT LHR on an SAA flight. I took them to the airport, walked across the tarmac (I had a pass) and watched them board the aircraft. Next day SAA called the office and asked why Mr and Mrs. CPT were no-shows. The call was put through to me and I said they were not no-shows and in fact had just called me to say they were safe home. They refused to believe me and I had to get a member of the cabin crew on the flight, who happened to be a personal friend, to tell the appropriate department she had looked after my parents on the flight![/quote]

Refusing an otherwise indisputable EU 261/2004 compensation claim for a 5-hour delay from TLV to LTN, Easyjet claimed that my older daughter, her husband and children were not on the delayed flight. Easyjet claimed they must have returned home on a different flight, despite the fact that all flights to London had left before the delay was announced. And, this was despite them receiving copies of the boarding passes, copies of credit card receipts (with the date and times) from the airport departure lounge and proof that they were in London the following morning. She also had a witness – a friend – who confirmed that they were on the flight.

It took a “letter before action” prepared by me and emailed to Easyjet on a Sunday night. They agreed to pay the over 2,000 Euro within 12 hours, the following morning, after they had spent weeks arguing their case against making a payment.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls