Tier point run

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

ChristianHarris
    Participant

I’m taking advantage of the LGW-JER £130 Club Europe return in January to ensure my Silver status for the next two years…

2nd Jan: LGW-JER; JER-LGW
    3rd Jan: LGW-JER; JER-LGW; LGW-JER; JER-LGW
    4th Jan: LGW-JER; JER-LGW; LGW-JER; JER-LGW

Coupled with Club Europe returns to Gibraltar and Istanbul in December, I’ll have Silver within 27 days of my membership year 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Are the 5 Jersey runs purely for the tier points and nothing else??

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I was wondering that as well. I’m not so sure £650 plus ancillary expenses is worth it for Silver?

NTarrant
    Participant

I think I would have done an AMS rather than back to back JER, there is only so much chicken or salmon salad one can eat in a day!

Christian if you are on the 1800 JER-LGW on the 3rd so am I, I’ll be on my first salad and you will be on your third, will I know you by your refusing!!

My only concern would be the weather with JER, I hope not as I’ll want to get home!

VintageKrug
    Participant

That’s quite a lot of flying, but then if you enjoy it, why not?

No different than shooting or fishing I suppose!

Personally I would have mixed it up a little with a JER-LGW-AMS-LGW-JER.

Or even better, a trip to Beirut or Amman on the new midhaul Club Europe product; 280TPs for around £600 rtn in the current sale, so not quite as good value in TP terms as JER, but certainly more relaxing and less risk of fog/bad weather disrupting your plans (a particular problem with Jersey this time of year).

I’ve only done one “pure” mileage run flying Dublin-Shannon and back in a day for a oneworld bonus about ten years ago; seemed like a good idea at the time, and the Irish breakfast and Irish Coffee at the Shannon Airport hotel was well worth it.

Str8Talking
    Participant

Also worth remembering for future scenarios that, if in the USA, flights over 2000 miles long, such as JFK-LAX, attract 35TP in Economy and 140TP in Business each way.

Senator
    Participant

I am planning ARN-LHR-BGO in CE next month (have to book today) for around £400 return. 4 x 40 TP. Additional bonus is the Points Booster that will generate 25,000 Avios.

There are some stellar American Airlines domestic First TP runs in the US you can do. I did EWR-ORD-MIA-CUR return for $600 that generated:
    4 x 60 TP
    2 x 40 TP
    320 TP

ChristianHarris
    Participant

Fingers crossed on the weather then…!

NTarrant – I won’t be on the 18:00 I’m afraid; I’ll be on the plane on the incoming leg landing just before you take off. Enjoy the food though 🙂

I did think about Beirut etc but looked into it and it would mean an overnight stay, which I couldn’t be bothered with. I’m happier to commit a couple of days to this to get lounge access for the following 23 months, particularly of use when I go to JNB in WTP and really benefit from a shower after a hot and sweaty day in SA before flying home!

NTarrant
    Participant

Hope it all goes well Christian, the little cakes in the BA lounge in JER are quite nice.

ChristianHarris
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll make sure to sample a fair few of them!!!

SSTBeliever
    Participant

My son and I will be travelling to JER (only once) on 3/1 so will look out for you!!
    Cold Peroni in the fridge as well!

GordyUK
    Participant

has this sale ended?. i can’t see Jersey for less than £278 ONE way!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ GordyUK – 22/11/2012 17:28 GMT

The 50% C and F sale was for three days only and ended over a couple of weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls