Thomson Airways B767-300ER (258 seats) v2 Standard Class long-haul

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

kaneHuxley
    Participant

I know its a bit overdue but thought i would write a review too help others. I flew from LGW-PUJ in the Dominican Republic on a EX-FCA thomson 767 in Extra legroom row 20 C Economy club.

To be honest I was expecting the worst reading the reviews on here but I was pleasantly surprised! I checked in the night before departure on the 23rd May 2013. Check in staff were not the happiest or the friendliest but done the job quickly.

Boarding: We boarded through the 2nd door and went straight to our seat were we was extremely impressed with the legroom, even me who is 5ft 10 still had a bit of extra room left. This did help for the 8 and a half hour flight that also surprisingly went very quick.

IFE: Good choice of entertainment onboard including some new blockbuster movies.

Meals: The food outbound wasn’t the best which was chicken noodles but inbound the meal was one of the best I have had (flown with Virgin, Thomas cook, BA before). Yes the only downfall is that you have to pay for drinks throughout the flight but that was too be expected. I would suggest not to be put off by the flightime like my wife was as it is quicker than what Thomson say. Outbound flight time was 8 hours 32mins and Inbound 8hours 12mins which as I have mentioned flew by! Once you take off listen too some music then food comes round then drinks then duty free then a space for you too enjoy IFE then drink service again then after quick snack before landing and before you know it your in the Caribbean!

My wife is a very nervous flyer and thanks to Thomson airways she is near enough cured! great service and not one bit of a bump throughout the flight both ways. Cabin crew and pilot were so caring and attentive with a smile on there face throughout. All in all I would give Thomson airways a 9/10 and would not hesitate to fly long haul with them especially with the new 787 Dreamliner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls