Thomson Airways B757-200 Short/medium-haul

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

stevepittaway
    Participant

Steve Birmingham to Cape Verde TOM 638/639 Boeng 757

This was a flight of just under 6 hrs outwards without entertainment. I changed our seats as I need a little more left leg room, i’m tall and suffer with my left leg. My wife obviously wants to sit next to me for this length journey. I paid £50 to change seats based on the seating chart sent to me by Thomson’s extras.

I eventually had to chose 2 aisle seats as you can’t leave a single seat next to a window, I chose 19C and 19D at a cost of £50. I thought that this would be fine but when we boarded we found that 19C was way behind 17C, there was no 18C?. For a 6 hr flight I spoke to my wife probably 6 times as she was way behind me.

The seats were very small, I kept pressing the button to lower my seat back with my right leg by mistake. I needed an extension to the belt, which I don’t usually have to. We were returning during the night and this was a nightmare, the two male stewards were almost my size and were up and down the aisle banging into passengers as there was not enough room for them. The holiday was good but the flight was unpleasant and will prevent me from using Thomson’s in future.

Capetown2k
    Participant

steve

i would have paid double to have my wife 2 rows behind me !

good luck with your travels

Steve

Your flight brings back memories of charter flights in the 90s. I am more interested in Cape Verde as I have for a long time wanted to visit and I have good friends from there.

Likewise Capetown2k!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls