They don’t know what they are doing, do they?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Funny that, and neither do black Africans. I wonder why?

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

An outstanding leader is able to execute strategic change, inspire with a compeling vision, motivate the employees and above all maintain a high level of morale.

An average leader executes strategic change but doesn’t inspire or motivate.

A poor leader executes strategic change but creates a lasting schism between key elements of the workforce whilst doing so. A poor leader demotivates and demoralises.

It is about time the IAG board started to clean house and engaged an CEO that is capable of being Outstanding.

Start here ……

http://www.rochemartin.com/eq/engagement

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just for the record I was not in shorts but I was very surpised to see so many people travelling in shorts and one person even had a jacket and tie on, but wearing shorts and flip flops. Standards do seem to be dropping.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Martyn,

I am sure you did disappoint many of your fans who were really expecting to see you wearing shorts…

Swissdiver
    Participant

More generally, and beyond any eyes rolling (although mine might roll especially when seeing birkenstocks), I would be afraid to be cold! Over the years, I realised I wear a uniform when I fly: Real British shoes with no metal (although with a buckle but they don’t bip during the security check), 501, shirt and jacket. It is comfy and, should my luggage not follow, it allows me to work on the next morning…

Danwolf
    Participant

As I come from work usually to catch an evening flight, I arrive & check in wearing suit, but then head to showers to freshen up and change to (usually) shorts/t-shirts (on warmer occaisions) or jeans/comfortable shoes).

I’ve seen some people in J sleep in their suits, which doesn’t look very comfortable…

Then again, I’ve also turned up to the airport looking like a backpacker, waiting at the J/F check in and the airline employing advising me that “this line is only for our J and F passengers…” Let’s just say that she got my two cents that day…

I’m sure this thread is going off topic, but nevertheless topical…dress sense (or lack of)…in lounges, etc… 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls