The increasing farce of hand luggage

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• markymark
    Participant

Well if you are at the back of a BA Airbus 320, you might struggle even more with you hand luggage as the airline is in the process of removing 2 rows of Club seats and the wardrobes at the rear in order to fit 3 more rows of Euro Traveller seats.

continentalclub
    Participant

Excellent, LuganoPirate. Now, what’s the date again? 😉

SWISS are one of the few carriers who do seem to ensure that cabin baggage restrictions are adhered to, and I assume that this is achieved by briefing every employee and engendering some shared responsibility.

Sadly, the majority of carriers, especially those who make extensive use of third-party handling angents and who operate from airports where the purchase of bulky items airside is positively encouraged, seem to leave the final imposition of the limits to the cabin crew.

One can only imagine the horror that those crew feel as they see these skybound sherpas struggling down the jetty. And that’s before they have to cope with checking the sickeningly slimey boarding pass that’s been jammed between the gummy jaws of the overladen oaf approaching.

openfly
    Participant

Well done Lugano…..Ist April!!! :-)))

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Yes, nice one, Lugano!

Your post went right over my head (unlike my hand baggage these days!).

Cheers, Simon

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Yes, I must fess up to a bit of April Foolery there. Glad it raised a smile or two though!

Off to S. Africa next week with wife and 2 kids in tow. We leave from Milan via Zurich. Swiss F and C allow 2 pieces of hand baggage, 8kgs each and till now, touch wood, we have never been asked to weigh them. I’m usually the guilty party with a hold all and a ubiquitous Samsonite on wheels which by itself weighs 4 kgs.

I can understand people not wanting to trust their baggage to the airline. Coming back from JNB this January they managed to lose 2 pieces of our luggage and it still has not been returned. One piece was a case of wine, so I imagine someone was very happy with that!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls