The Future of British Aviation

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Sparepocket
    Participant

I thought I’d bring this link to the attention of the passionate and articulate bloggers that are found lurking in cyberspace at odd hours of the night.
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2011/02/aviation_britain&fsrc=nlw%7Cgul%7C02-15-2011%7Cgulliver

nevereconomy
    Participant

Perhaps the future holds an airline which offers truly excellent service at a competitive price, rather than to tired over-priced dinosaurs or horrendous budget offerings currently available.

Sparepocket
    Participant

Luckily for us, other airlines with higher standards operate in and out of the UK.

transtraxman
    Participant

I would expect a higher level of debate on such an important topic.
    “sparepocket” does not specify which airlines he/she approves of, but just gives a blanket condemnation of those flying from the UK.
    There are good and bad airlines and there are good and bad flights(even with the same airline). Please specify, admit you are marketing for the Gulf airlines, or shut up.

Sparepocket
    Participant

Can you make me “shut up”? I doubt it.I’m built like an openside flanker and tackle hard.You don’t stand a chance in a mano-a-mano.
    Anyway, I’m not “marketing for the Gulf airlines” although I do think EK are doing well. And, it appears Oman Air are rapidly building up a reputation for themselves.
    My point is that ‘Fortress LHR’ is a thing of the past and international carriers help themselves to outbound traffic.
    I approve of most airlines…those that deserve praise for their professionalism and Customer Service, as well as their pricing and scheduling. I fly these airlines regularly so there you have it, ‘Indignant From Folkestone’ (I reckon): CX, SQ, DL,US, UA, 9W, EK, NZ, KL.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls