The BA Price Promise?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

JamesBAgold
    Participant

Has BA quietly dropped the BA Price Promise in the UK?

I ask because I am in the process of booking a new long-haul fully-flexible return. Yesterday the price on BA.com (down to the .23 pence) was the exactly same as VS (which isn’t directly relevant but something I always find amusing given the £1,000s the fare costs). Today, however, it is approximately £200 more expensive on BA.com than yesterday and compared to VS.

One of my firm’s preferred travel agents is, however, still quoting the cheaper price. I also note that the BA Price Promise logo is not appearing on the purchase confirmation page.

Has anybody else notice the same recently or heard about the price promise being dropped?

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

James

The price promise is stil showing on ba.com – before you try to claim on it, you need to make sure that you can meet the conditions, here are some and there are a few clauses you could fall foul of

“Qualifying Flight means a return flight provided by BA, which originates and terminates in the UK. The class purchased must be the lowest fare available within the booked class. The lowest fare in each class is referred to on ba.com as follows: Economy (lowest fare), Premium Economy (lowest), Business/Club (lowest) and First (lowest). Travel must be on BA flights only. Any journey where the booking is made up of two or more carriers is excluded. Codeshare flights are also excluded.

To be eligible for a PPR you must have found a bonafide fare for identical return flights to the Qualifying Flights on a UK public website other than at ba.com. The Flights must be cheaper than the flight purchased through ba.com and must be for the same route, with each leg of the trip flown in the same order, for the same dates, for the same flight numbers, in the same class of travel, for the same type of ticket (including fare conditions such as whether tickets are/are not flexible, refundable or changeable) and be sold in the UK over the internet in GBP currency. The website containing the Lower Online Fare must provide capability to book that fare. Websites showing fares but not providing booking capability will not qualify for the PPR.”

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Has anyone managed to make a claim under the scheme and been paid out?

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I did back in 2004. Booked a restricted Club Europe flight from LHR-PRG and it was about £60 cheaper on Airline Network. Claim made and difference refunded in about 6 days back on to card used at time of payment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls