Thanks to Swiss and Lufthansa

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hello All,

I had a fairly rough day yesterday. I was booked IST-ZRH-BHX on LX in Business Class. I had an hour and ten minutes to connect at ZRH.

Due to a spectacular downpour in Istanbul, the IST-ZRH flight left well over an hour late and I missed my connection to BHX. I was fully expecting to be put up in a hotel and then be put on the red-eye this morning, which would’ve been a disaster due to my meetings schedule today.

However, Swiss were the epitome of efficiency. They re-routed me from ZRH on LH via FRA. Although I got home some 6 hours later than I would’ve done, at least I got home.

Even though, in my view, FRA is proof that Germans have a sense of humour, everything went like clockwork. Admittedly, the Business Cabin between ZRH and FRA (The Bankers’ Bus) is never going to be the most amusing place to be; however, the service was excellent, even though the flight was only in the air for 45 minutes.

I had the bonus of being the only passenger in Business between FRA and BHX, in a 737, with one of the most efficient and pleasant FAs I’ve ever encountered.

All-in-all, a smooth and efficient experience. The courtesy, help and (yes, honestly!) humour from the LX and LH air and ground staff removed any frustration I felt about the delay. And above all, they got me home! What a contrast to the surly and obnoxious THY ground staff at IST!!!

Thanks Swiss and Lufthansa – you usually only hear the bad stuff, so I thought I’d post something positive.

Simon

Senator
    Participant

Simon,

Good to hear some positive news every now and then. I personally like to travel LH and LX very much. I find that the level of service and care is predictable, and always of high standard. They may not always be the best, but certainly never the worst. Knowing that you will get what you pay for is essentially. Any added humour from Germans is a bonus right? 😉

Can I suggest you send a nice email to the UK based LH Customer Care team? I had an extraordinary flight last October from FRA-ARN, and I took the time to write them a letter with compliments. My comments made it to onboard staff and supervisors and they were delighted to hear my compliments. In the travel world were the offering is being reduced and customers growing un-happier by the minute, it is good to share with the people who serve passengers compliments as well as criticism.

continentalclub
    Participant

Absolutely; I couldn’t agree more with you Senator. It’s great to hear good news, and it’s kind of Simon to take the time post publicly about his experiences, but a letter to LH would be an excellent way of feeding the detail back to those who really need to know when things go well, and who can become all-too-jaded when customer feedback is uniformly only from those with gripes (justified or otherwise).

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Senator and ContinentalClub,

Thanks for this. I’ll send an email to both airlines’ Customer Relations teams.

Simon

globetraveller360
    Participant

Nice to hear some positive feed back regarding LX and LH as i work @ LCY… some pax only want to write negative stuff instead of the good service. Thanx Simon Rowberry.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Simon !

Nice to hear your are well back in BHX. Good to hear that LX/LH staffs helped you and experienced great service. Alright 6 hours delay–but more important your are at home safely. Yes, I do support Senator’s and ContinentalClub’s recommendation to write back Customers Relations. It is really good to hear such experiences that you get help and get really useable help.

Hess

MarcusUK
    Participant

Hi guys.

I flew out Swiss Business from LCY to Zurich last thursday, to connect to the Dubai , new A333 flight, with the new seating.

I have not flown them for some time more than short EU flights, but i mightily impressed. Despite weather delays they held flights to connections, snow bound in Zurich too (always cope where-as the UK grinds to a halt!).
    New seating was great especially travelling solo your privacy is great with the designs of alternate 2/1 down the cabin. The menu & service on the Dubai flight were impeccable, some of the best i have had in quite a while.
    It certainl made the old SQ 773 from Dubai, & the dreaded refurbished 773 down to Sydney, as well as their limited one meal in 8 hrs choice, look as it is.

Such a pity our European Airlines don’t fly down to Australia anymore, it was great to have the same feel all the way down, one the crews enjoyed also. The heady days of KLM, LH, lauda, all running flights down here, felt quite personal.

Hats off to Swiss though, they keep a high standard even in these tough times.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls