Thank you, Vietnam Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

We often read in this Forum of airline inflexibility. One of the dangers of online reservations can be that excessive haste to get things done can lead to mistakes which cannot be rectified or, if they can, cost an arm and a leg.

I was the victim of my own haste this evening in booking non-changeable economy tickets between Hanoi and Vientiane. Getting the date wrong was my fault as I was trying to sort out a raft of things at the one time.

I e-mailed the airline reservations department and explained my predicament. By return came the message that, no problem, they would change the dates for me – at no cost!!

Old fashioned and helpful service – it made me smile. I was going to say “Go eat your heart out, Michael O’L” but then realised that he would go hungry if h tried!!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

That’s great to hear, Tom.

I had a similar experience with TA, at Sao Paulo, when I checked in at 0930 for an 0930 flight.

Unfortunately, I had not realised the travel agent’s website worked in AM/PM and I was 12 hours early.

It’s great to get service, isn’t it 🙂

heiji262
    Participant

Dear Tom
    If you need any support for any trip to Vietnam, so pls contact me, i will do the best for you, Thanks

capetonianm
    Participant

I had similar service from Air Portugal

Swindoneric
    Participant

Ditto from Qatar Airways.

Henryp1
    Participant

I agree it’s always such an uplifting experience at these times. I have experienced similar from UL, EK and yes BA.
    Henry

Recordman
    Participant

I had a similar experience with easyJet. A call to Customer Services rectified the problem immediately at no cost. A pleasant surprise and good encouragement to keep giving them custom.

KingofEngland
    Participant

Talking of flexibility…funnily enough, having booked 2 BA miles redemption flights in F to BKK – travelling April 2012 – I recently asked BA if they could be a little flexible when I contacted them soon after the new (improved) Avios redemption rates were introduced. I wondered if we get a miles rebate or perhaps cancel the booking and re-book immediately to benefit form the saving.

The call handler and I looked at the online booking, the cabin with only my 2 seats booked and explained my only option was to cancel seats if I wanted to, but she couldn’t say if they would reappear as redemption seats. Did I want to take the chance…

Well, it was worth a try!

Shoni BR
    Participant

I had a similar experience with TAM, YESTERDAY, in Brazil, with a flight to Sao Paulo. From all this comments, we learn that the airlines, when they recognize the real frequent flyiers, whenever possible, they do try to help us.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls