Thai Smile made me smile.

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

A friend and I were due to have a short break in Phuket and he was charged with booking the flight, me the hotel. Out of all the LCC airlines, Thai Smile (departing from Suvarnabhumi Airport, not Don Muneang) came out best on cost. Suvarnabhumi Airport is on the train line from the centre Don Muneang is only a taxi/bus service at present. After a 13 hour flight in the day before on Swiss, I was pleased that of the 10.30 departure. Although rush hour on BTS when on the airline transfer it gets better to find a seat. Trains are frequant and the journey from the centre takes approx 30 mins.

Walked straight up to check-in and asked if emergency exit window, the middle was available they were (don’t panic it will say 41E/F) easy security with little waiting. There are a number lounges in the domestic terminal, Bangkok Airline provides access to Priority Pass. Some hot breakfast options, beer on request, sandwiches, cakes and pastries. The departure gate was very near and orderly boarding, Smile Plus (2×2 middle seat blocked like BA) first then the rest. Quickly onboard true Thai welcome, the plane was very well crewed, 6 cabin crew. Seats all have great seat pitch exit seats even better and aisle seat not occupied.

Departure on time, quick as always to the runway, then after cruising height service began, a paper bag containing rather odd blue bread cheese sandwich (tasty though) and a bottle of water. Then in no time soft drinks, tea and coffees service. All free. Bumpy air handled very well by the crew. Arrival on time. What a lovely short flight, perfect crew seat pitch too, long live this way to fly cheaply.

4 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

Enjoy Phuket, its been hot this weekend so plenty to do and quite as is low season….

thebigseats
    Participant

ThaiSmile are a hidden gem. If only UK LCCs could emulate their standard. Never gonna happen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls