Thai Airways NEW Platinum Status

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

wisi1965
    Participant

I am a TG ROP member for more than 15 years.

The new elite tier “Platinum” is only for the most valued customers of TG which very frequent travel exclusively in Royal First Class and Royal Silk Class and by invitation only.

Now I wonder, is there any Farang out there who has the Platinum card or is this only created to separate the Thai politicians from the ordinary crowd.

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

There are approximately 3400 Platinum members of which about 50% are foreigners. If you Google “Thai Airways Platinum” you will see the Flyertalk Forum where there has been extensive discussion on this subject.

I was told you need to do a minimum of 100,000 miles on Thai (not on *A) of which 80% must be in Royal Silk/First, and you have to have been a Gold member for at least 4 years, some say 5 years, some 6……….

I travel in excess of 150,000 miles a year and easily achieve the >100,000 on Thai, and also easily achieve the 80% benchmark. i have been Gold with ROP for 5 years so I don’t know why I haven’t been “invited” to join…………maybe I don’t suit the “profile’ of people they would like to have in their new club. I have given up wondering why and am just carrying on as usual

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Would assume that khun Mr Mark would be considered at least one of the farang 50% who would hold Plat Status with TG.Now that he has lost his day job he will have more time to spend back in his old Toon and maybe inspire his local football team..bit like politics really.

Mr T who could be considered 50:50 also but he is still waiting for his offical invite..home.

I have just got my Etti Silver so its back to the ROCI lounge on return next month…dee mak krup

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather…..logged on to my ROP FF account this morning to check on mileage credits and my status is Platinum……..no e-mail, nothing in the mail yet, but there it is in big bold purple letters…..it was Gold on Monday!!

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

There is probably some rule that you don’t add another reply to your own reply on a forum…..I’m not that knowledgeable so my apologies, if I am breaking the rules.

I have to say that I am really enjoying my Platinum status with Thai Airways and, wisi1965, you may be interested to know that I have met four other Platinum members in my six months of travel since my elevation to Platinum……and not one of them is Thai…..all Farang!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls