TfL strike in London starting January 7/8

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

I thought I ought to alert all of you to this planned strike for next week.

It will certainly affect anyone travelling between Central London and Heathrow.

This BBC report has details of how the individual lines will be affected.

At time of writing (18:00 on Thursday) the strike is set to go ahead but of course it might be called off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67868906

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

UPDATE from BBC Tom Edwards

Rferguson2
    Participant

These transport strikes make me sad.

Many of us are fortunate enough to work in a profession where we can work from home, take a paid day off or afford an Uber or have our own car to drive.

The people these strikes hurt most are typically the lowest earners working in retail, hospitality and care that may not have these options.

The last time I experienced travelling on a bus in London during the tube strikes was like being in the hunger games. People (probably having worked a hard day) unable to get on buses for a now extended commute home and there was physical altercations, crying. Just awful.

Industrial relations and the right to strike is a sensitive issue however I do think that public transport should be mandated legally to provide a minimum service during strike action.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Well Commandant Khan has refused to implement the minimum standards legislation. That is to say the least pathetic. Maybe he thinks his re-election this year is a slam dunk!!
    A Mayor who doesn´t support the travelling public yet happy to go to the Govt and demand more money

AMcWhirter
    Participant

*Latest*

Good news. Strike has been suspended reports SkyNews at 17:25 hrs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls