Covid-19 Testing

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• PointyMark
    Participant

I don’t mean to sound insensitive to the real problems people are finding in getting tested for Covid-19 in UK just now… But for those of us who want to fly abroad to a country which requires a negative test within 72 hours prior to arrival, does anyone here know how/where we can do this? I wouldn’t want to take up a slot at an NHS test site.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

It’s not just the destination. One airline requires the test even if a passenger is transitting the hub.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

As per the news, it appears you can not book a test anywhere….. unless you make your way to Inverness. You will also be slated for taking up a test for a key worker for a “non essential” test. Great stuff all round for a solid flight recovery plan, eh?!

Henryp1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1011345][/postquote]

There are lots of private clinics and providers offering this service, all on Google or local publications.

Stevescoots
    Participant

I have had 2 done in Watford, concepto clinics. one to fly on an EK flight that got cancelled and one for CX to fly to SGN

3 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

There are quite a few.

Pure Health
    City Doc
    Boots

are the main networks. But quite a few private ones. Costs vary dramatically, however watch for the turnarounds as there has been quite a bit of comment on this and most airlines have a restriction of 72h or 96h.

3 users thanked author for this post.

fatbear
    Participant

[postquote quote=1011364][/postquote]

Hello Steve, we are looking at Concepto in Watford as next month we will need a test within 72 hours and this seems to be the nearest to where we are. Presumably you got the results within 48 hours ?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Interesting article in the Sunday Times on the laboratory that Emirates is using for its testing, and also, potentially, Boots.

Randox Laboratories, based in Co Antrim, Northern Ireland, won a £133m testing contract unopposed in March. It is responsible for a quarter of community tests in the UK.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

Stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=1011379][/postquote]

yes, they say 48 hours but i have had both of mine within 24 hrs

1 user thanked author for this post.

fatbear
    Participant

[postquote quote=1011475][/postquote]

that’s super ! Thanks for the response

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

FIO.no connection still stranded in Thailand Seem to be everywhere…CityDoc’s Premier Healthcare Clinics. 150 + Locations. Established Since 2006. Our convenient high street locations, competitive pricing and 24/7 online booking,makes us your first choice provider. London Clinics, £175…. https://www.citydoc.org.uk/covid-19-pcr-swab-testing/

nevereconomy
    Participant

Everything seems to be London-centric – anyone have experience in the Provinces ? The mail options seems to be iffy regarding turnaround and this needs to be as close to departure as possible..

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Nationwide…scroll down…Yorkshire…North East Scotland…etc.. https://www.citydoc.org.uk/travel-clinics/

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Do also check the requirements for the test imposed by the country in question. Apparently one of the clinics suggested by BA for tests does not produce certificates which meet the Hong Kong Government requirements…

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1013904]Do also check the requirements for the test imposed by the country in question. Apparently one of the clinics suggested by BA for tests does not produce certificates which meet the Hong Kong Government requirements…[/quote]

That great US military expression comes to mind …. “FUBAR ”
    And as most of us are international travellers , I’m surprised at the lack of “loud” noise on this whole subject from both IATA & ICAO

Totally unacceptable 10 months into this global economic mess

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls