Tel Aviv Flight Cancellations

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Interesting to re that the AU government is running at least 3 rescue flights for their nationals using I understand contracted 787’s out of Tel Aviv back to London (with the first today) and onward to AU on commercial airlines.
    It seems that there are more than 10,000 AU nationals in Israel
    The first AU gov flight- a qantas 787 is on the way and will land today at 1.30 pm local. I also see 2 flights today by the canadian Gov using air force (I believe A319) One flight has already landed.
    It look likes Lufthansa and Austrian are bothe operating flights today.

What is the UK doing to get UK nationals back home ?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

According to a BBC report a flight left Tel Aviv yesterday with more planned

cwoodward
    Participant

The Australian government has cancelled the further two charter flights as the below statement

“The situation is highly challenging and rapidly changing. Unfortunately, we have been advised our scheduled flights will not depart Israel today. A further flight will not depart as scheduled tomorrow. The Australian Government is working to ensure Australians who want to leave can do so as soon as possible. We will communicate to registered Australians about next available flights.”

The government is rumoured to be examining the possibilities of using military aircraft for future evacuation flights.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Yes SAS – why, you did not respond to my question on the other thread so maybe you will do so on this one instead.

I look forward to your reply.

Safe travels everyone.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

A reminder to all that this is a business travel forum – we would ask that all posters stick to travel-related posts, and avoid those of a political nature. Thank you.

6 users thanked author for this post.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

SAS – how sad and disappointing that you come onto this forum saying things that are simply not correct and you like many others have jumped to conclusions without any evidence that what you are saying is true. Although not conclusive yet there are multiple sources, some of whom are independent, saying that the most likely cause of the explosion is that an Islamic Jihad rocket misfired and ended up hitting the hospital.

It is very interesting that Hamas have cleared all the shrapnel from the site so there is none for anyone to examine, I am pretty sure that if they had shrapnel that proved conclusively that it was an Israeli bomb that did it, they would have shared it with the media so I am interested on what your view is on that.

I agree with AlanOrton01 in his post above, please be careful what you say and if you want to make an accusation then please have some evidence to back it up.

Also SAS, you did not answer my question, have you ever been to Israel? Based on your views on here it is unlikely but I would like to know if your views are based on first hand knowledge or simply what you see, hear and read.

Safe travels everyone.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Mark Caswell – you are correct, of course but I could not let the posts from SAS go unanswered, so i hope on this occasion you will forgive me.

I will do my best to stick to travel related posts in the future.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls