Tarom – passengers dragged from plane

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/156177614507572/posts/1503850339740286/

Remember, this is part of the EU we are talking about here. Dragged from plane, spitting at crew, it looks very primitive to me.

3 users thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

Amazing video….tks.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Romania is a fantastic country with multiple world heritage sites, and has produced eminent and worthy people who have contributed to society globally.

At the other end of the scale, parts of the country and its inhabitants are still not far out of the stone age. Reading this does not come as great surprise.

EU …. yes … but!

2 users thanked author for this post.

paulkaz
    Participant

Swissdiver
    Participant

The video is shocking. That said, what were the options of the airline?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Indeed the video is shocking and presumably only tells half the story – i.e. the removal not the cause. Key quote for me is:

“When asked to move from the exit seat, Tarom says the woman spat on the cabin crew”

On that basis alone, as Swissdiver asks, what other options were available?

FrDougal
    Participant

What happened before the camera started rolling?
    Crew spat on because a woman failed to comply with the safety requirements? Yes, spitting on another human seems like a measured response doesn’t it?

Sorry but behave like an animal, expect to be treated like one!

Bullfrog
    Participant

Doesn’t look like exit row to me

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Most of the passengers towards the rear seemed a bit hysterical. Instead of sitting calmly and letting security get on with the job, they seem to be hindering matters rather than helping. As for the filming, it seems everyone films or photos everything these days then posts to YouTube etc. I wonder how much she got for the film??

Otte
    Participant

As a retired airline employee, it gives me a great pleasure to finally see law and order onboard .

Passengers should deplane if they are ordered to do so by the crew. Period.

No police should be involved. The fact that the police had to drag that passenger off confirms 100% the level of his respect to the crew law and order.

If it was unjustified offloading, go to court, in the mean time you obey the crew, not creating a zoo atmosphere onboard.

You go Airport police! Protect the crews and other passengers from rude aggressive passengers.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

[quote quote=950302]Most of the passengers towards the rear seemed a bit hysterical. Instead of sitting calmly and letting security get on with the job, they seem to be hindering matters rather than helping. As for the filming, it seems everyone films or photos everything these days then posts to YouTube etc. I wonder how much she got for the film??[/quote]

Have to agree with this. If the passenger was asked to move for not one, but two reasons as outlined (she didn’t speak the language and kept her stuff around her for take off) then the crew were right to ask her to move. For her to then spit on the crew, as someone else said, if you behave like an animal expect it to be reciprocated.

But, the thing that stands out to me is the amount of hysteria with the young guy claiming his mother had passed out, then there’s a shot of another woman at the rear ‘passing out’, passenger screeching she wanted to be let off etc, what on earth did the melee have to do with these other passengers? I’d have simply minded my own business, turned the volume of my noise-cancelling headphones up and let them deal with their situation. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such craziness on a plane before…..but these videos do seem to be becoming more and more common.

Sheesh, remember a zillion years ago when air travel was a pleasure?

Rgds
    AOTG.

openfly
    Participant

It still is a pleasure in Etihad First!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls