TAP and lounge access to Marrakesh from LHR via Lisbon

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Spud
    Participant

Just for information. If travelling with TAP to Marrakesh via Lisbon from LHR, you will not have access to any lounge either at Lisbon or at Marrakesh on the return journey. On the LHR to LIS sector, the plane I took, landed in the N zone, otherwise known as Non-Schengen area. TAP staff insisted I couldn’t visit the lounge, as it was in the Schengen area. I complained by email to TAP, that with a 2.5hr wait, which became a 3.5hr wait due to a delayed incoming Air Portugalia flight to Marrakesh, that it really ought to alert ‘Executive’ travellers to this fact. I received no reply nor even an acknowledgement of my complaint.
    On arriving at the airport in Marrakesh, not expecting lounge access because the TAP web page states, ‘there are no lounges at the airport’, I was told by the check-in staff that yes there were two lounges but TAP travellers did not have access!!

I really like the service, comfort, leg room and food when travelling with TAP but surely they could have the decency to alert business (Executive in TAP) travellers to the lack of lounge access.

Also having just had my expensive wine confiscated at LIS due to Marrakesh Duty Free shop not putting it in a sealed bag, make sure if you buy anything, it is sealed inside bags by Duty Free.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

It is correct that there is no lounge airside after immigration / emigration at LIS. There is also no practical way that they could offer this. Your only alternative would have been to go through immigration then back in to the terminal, after clearing security.

TAP will reply, but it can take some time. My personal record is 9 months for a standard cut & paste reply.

I had a similar duty free experience with 1 litre of gin bought onboard a BA flight from HKG, transferring in LIS. I wrote to BA complaining and received an immediate refund and apology.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls