TAM Brazilian airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

FranklinSternberg
    Participant

TAM ground staff mainly at GRU (Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Aiport) are of an utmost bad education, they do not have the qualification and proper training, and their information is misleading and of no knowledge on almost all basic information.

At check-in I recommend to be careful specially with seat assignments – do doble-check to assure no major surprises on board (like next to the toiletts) or seats that do not recline or have minor space for legroom.

If the emergency exit seats in Economy are offered at an outrageuos tariif, also, make sure that on board all the passengers seated in these seats have paid. The so called Comfort Zone (sic!) can be occupied by late check-in passengers who did not pay for this “extra” due to overbooking or all seats already assigned in economy being these ones the only left. Or, worse, after closure of the aircraft door, passengers do move around and do accomodate in these seats with the lame excuse that “upon arrival I shall pay the difference” which, of course, does not happen. On board crew is kind, but not efficient enough to have their authority present in such case – and Captain and/or First Officer don’t take any action rather than “call” destination ground staff to report this event.

Fact: this happened to me on flight JJ 8097 CDG/GRU on Aug 12, 2010

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls