TAM Brazilian Airlines 1st Class?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

acullimore
    Participant

I frequently travel to Brazil, generally but not exclusively with BA and generally in 1st Class. I have not yet tried TAM. Anyone know whether their 1st class is any good??

jackfirst
    Participant

I flew with Tam 1st Class JFK-GRU. I can tell you it’s a great product. In my opinion it is even better than BA. Especially the huge 23” monitor, and there are only 4 seats in 1st (vs BA’s 12) therefore very private. I wonder why so little has been written about Tam’s 1st class.

Hess963
    Participant

Perhaps more experiences from other frequent flyers–when TAM is really integrated to Star Alliance. My colleague has once flown with TAM and he told me they have the old seatings of LX and SA in their F class. Service is good-but not comparable or not yet in the league of LX and LH.

acullimore
    Participant

Thanks for your replies. What about their lounge in GRU?
    I have flown TAM many times internally and was surprised by their clean new shiny aircraft. BA FIRST is good, but the flight from GRU to LHR is always packed. With 14 seats in First it really is too many people, and often can take a long time to get served with dinner, especially if you are seated in row 5 The fact that there are only four seats with TAM is a real plus and the 23″ TV sounds good. What about their seat?

DanielFreitas
    Participant

Yes, TAM’s First Class is great! And TAM’s service is priceless. Whenever you need a good price with TAM you may contact me. My agency is top TAM seller. My e-mail is <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] and my phone number is 305-379-6844 Miami.
    Take care!
    Daniel

starflyer
    Participant

You will have to get first an aircraft with a true 3 class configuration. The LHR – GRU service does not have 1st class as such, It features only row 1 separated from the other C class, same seating (not very comfortable beds). TAM service is not up there at the top. Meal service is everything on one tray, not served as individual courses. I had to tell them on Sunday that I don’t want it served like that. Caused all sorts of consternation. Crew also very limited with their English and no international newspapers except Newsweek on board. Large TV yes but AVOD limited. If you are used to F on BA or LH stick with them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls