Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

RafaelBrute
    Participant

Hello fellow exhausted travellers,

Just wanted to let everybody know that I found a new product, Talafone that made my latest business trip to Thailand A WHOLE LOT EASIER!

A friend of mine recommended it to me last week and it’s basically a SIM card to use only when travelling…

All outgoing calls are $0.50/minute, incoming are $0.25/minute, receiving SMSs are free, sending SMS are $0.25.

Also, you have the ability to choose from up to 88 different international phone numbers, so, if your family is in the UK (mine is in Italy), then you tell them to call you on your UK number and they get charged whatever the local rate is and you only get charged the 25 cents/min.

Just thought I’d let you all know that 🙂

Enjoy!

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

International calling is not the problem for me Rafael, especially with skype. When Talafone has a value for money international (roaming?) product which allows serious download quantities without charging the earth then would be interested.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sounds interesting. In my case I don’t use Skype or download to my mobile, but I do make and receive a lot of calls when travelling, and with Swisscom rates 3 times that of Talafone in Europe and about $ 2.20 a minute outside it will pay.

Pity the website doesn’t give some clearer info on how it works but I guess some digging around will help enlighten me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls