Taking photos or video showing crew or pax onboard a flight

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

Air Marshals have been on many flights for a long time, watching us all. Sometimes you can spot their behaviour patterns as obviously different.

Cockpit crew can see who approaches their door and the galley, and toilet outside.
    Cabin crew can monitor cabins from the their seats with cameras installed, on new jets!

So, along with every move on camera at airports held, traced with yr boarding pass how long you are in a zone, what you spend on, they have done for some time!

1 user thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

This is a very interesting thread, thank you cwoodward for starting it.
    Like RF2, am also on the geeky end of the scale on matters commercial aviation. I find branding, products and what airlines choose to do/use/portray their airline as being different in order to get you to choose them, for example what colours, national symbols, food etc are selected.

I often take cabin pics focused on the seating and look etc, but as usually one of the first on board (on Oneworld carriers anyway due to status), there is no one in the pic, and neither do I want to capture people. I might share these pics with friends to help with their future travel choices.

For example earlier this year I took some flights on Royal Jordanian from Europe to Asia via Amman. On one flight once boarded in J I quickly went to economy and took pictures of the cabin before any of the Y passengers arrived. One of the FAs took issue and said it was “forbidden” etc. I tried to explain that some friends from UK were looking to fly to Jordan in the coming weeks and were thinking to choose BA, but I was advising them otherwise and that they should choose RJ over BA, and that these pics would show what a nice cabin they (RJ) had compared to BA.

The female FA just did not get it and went into autocracy mode, and frankly I felt like reporting her to the senior FA for being so pedantic and hostile!

Those who know what inflight products – both seating and service are offered to Amman from UK would understand why I think choosing RJ over BA is a no-brainer!

However I do not think it is appropriate to photograph people without their consent. I would not like it and think people should have the politeness to ask first when capturing images of people.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls