Tablets and Printing

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I came across this article in todays International Herald Tribune.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/03/technology/personaltech/03basics.html?_r=1&ref=technology

Not wishing to open the iPAD/Samsung Galaxy war of words, but I am currently in the middle of a 3 week trip covering Asia. I have my trusty Fujitsu and Galaxy Tablet, having left the iPAD with the family.

What I am finding is that out of the office I am relying less and less on the laptop and more and more on the Galaxy/iPAD – “Tablets”.

The one problem area though for the “Tablets” is the printing facility, I generally still need to use my laptop to get documents to the printers.

Interested to hear how others use printing on the move using the “Tablets”, especially for boarding cards, maps (that require printing) and even event tickets (sports or theatre).

ONGTHIANSENG
    Participant

Samsung is releasing a tablet which they call it a notebook. the OS is windows 7 and it can send print jobs to IP base printers from anywhere.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Martyn, if I need to print a document from my iPad, which is quite rare, I’ll either use the hotels business centre and log in to my email account there, or I’ll email document to reception and ask them to print it. This is usually for boarding passes or tickets so not commercially sensitive.

I used Regus for my office needs, so if there was a branch in the city I was visiting I could with my package use their facilities for no extra charge.

Other friends more commercially active will either go to a web cafe (if no business centre) where document can also be bound, or arrive at meeting 10 minutes early and print document there.

The British Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Zurich have a conference room available for their members use free of charge as well as a small office area with desk. I’ve used this on several occasions when in Zurich.

Bucksnet
    Participant

All tablet computers have wifi, so just get a printer with wifi. Simples.

Tim2soza
    Participant

Try DropBox which is free. You can save your doc to your Dropbox account on your Tablet, and then access it via the browser on the hotel computer and print off. Ditto any computer with a browser and printer. You can also share Dropbox folders with others. You can also grab and go any important docs from the office before you leave. (Subject to your employers Information Security policies of course!) – It has changed my working methods for the better.

Also, try Evernote – My domestic CEO issues her instructions on it and wham bam, it is on my iPhone and iPad seconds later. Compliance sorted!

ONGTHIANSENG
    Participant

i guess most tablets do have to go thru a platform or an in bewteen in order to print. like sending of to another PC.

The samsung tablet is a ease. think it is releasing in april. the states have already release it i heard.

check it out i am planning to get hold of one after i have the privilege to test it.

PC XE700T1A (XE700T1A-A01US)

Bucksnet
    Participant

Or just get a USB cable and make a physical connection!

simonjames
    Participant

The opening to upgrade my printer intended I could also gaze for some of the newer characteristics accessible, such as direct publishing from diverse recollection cards and WI-Fi connectivity, as well as any improvements in tenacity and speed.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

simonjames – 08/08/2013 06:56 GMT

Don’t drink and drive, take drugs and fly 🙂

himctech
    Participant

Hello,
    We are three young dynamic android developer. We have developed a android based hotel menu card named t2mc, we are planning to expand to hotel and travel management.
    If any body interest, can leave your feedback to <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected].
    For more details about the apps please visit, http://WWW.himcs.com/product.HTML

Thanks
    Arun

JollyMartian
    Participant

First off, I hope this isn’t regarded as blatant advertising as I work for HP – but we do have such technology that allows you to print from a mobile/tablet device to an HP printer – take a look at this page to see if this helps:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/mobility/

I also use it to send prints to my home printer when I’m on the move – eg. if I get emailed a PDF receipt for something (e.g. RingGo parking) I’ll remotely print it when I’m away from home so its waiting for me to submit with my expenses when I return home – otherwise I tend to completely forget I ever incurred the charge!

HTH,

Jonathan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls