T5 this morning

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• travelworld2
    Participant

Ian from HKG (all posts) on this thread) +1 . One really would have thought that if you were going to go to the trouble of developing an algorithm to determine who should or should not be offered a cheap paid upgrade you would apply the algorithm before you offered that upgrade. Why on earth isn’t that happening?

ImissConcorde
    Participant

I fail to understand how a charge can be made on the credit card if no actualy transaction actually took place.

dutchyankee
    Participant

ImissConcorde +1

My thoughts exactly. So, if I am offered to buy an upgrade from J to F, should I then ask them to ensure I am eligible for the upgrade first before we proceed. Is there another way for the agent to confirm my eligibility first without processing the payment? Seems pretty ridiculous to me and I would raise one hell of a mess if this happened to me with regard to the refund. I cant see how this is legal.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Indeed, as Karl Marx and Ian from HK have pointed out, surely a contract (for the J to F upgrade) existed – which BA has proceeded to break. As this cannot be a legal business practice – particularly as BA has come up with the entirely spurious retention of the funds for a fortnight, I would suggest that this ought to be referred to Trading Standards for investigation.

Hats off to the OP for having the chutzpah to do what he/she did.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls