T4 Immigration & Bag delays

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

Arrived from Amsterdam with KLM on the same flight twice in last few weeks, into T4 at around 19.30hrs. (Saturday & a Sunday).

The scene on both visits only can be described as chaos!
    Hundreds of people for Non EU immigration, with the wait apparently being approx 2 hrs!
    The non IRIS EU line, 20 minutes.
    Bags in the Hall, are 3 high piled on top of each other on the belt, others taken off sitting at the side in a mess, no order or regularity from specific flights.

If this time provides a regular scene of chaos, why are the staffing levels not amended accordingly?

What a great impression to arrive in the UK, from ANY country, even EU. I don’t know anywhere in the EU where i wait 20 minutes to clear with my EU passport. I waited one hour for my bag which in the end, was still in Amsterdam with no information being given for passengers, even though the Airline knows. This should have been managed by LHR staff at T4.

Steps need to be taken to cope rather than struggle at LHR.

Still amazes me, that the maybe 500 in the queue for Non EU Immigration, supposedly thorough checks to gain access to the UK, when we make no checks or exit records, for anyone who has left!

I dont know again, any country out of the 60 i have travelled to, that does not have an exit visa passport check!
    What a total mess!
    Yet again, LHR shows itself to be the most inefficient airport, and creating an awful impression of entry to the UK.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls