Sydney in Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Binman62
    Participant

VK …Thanks.

surreyson….yes the link would have helped so thanks to VK.

It is not the easiest site to use and may take some time to learn the language but it can be a very useful tool. For example you can select a wide range of European departure points to a single destination and it will provide you with the cheapest published fare from each of those points in one entry.

EG

Type the following exactly into the departure point (you must include the commas)

ARN,LHR,IST,ATH,FRA,BRU,MAD,BCN,DUS,ZRH,MAN

SYD into destination

Choose dates, class etc.

You will get the lowest fare to SYD from the above.

IF you want to limit to BA or any other carrier then in the advance routing code box type

BA,BA

Note: this must be done for both outward and return journey
    You must also state the carrier for each flight. EG MAD LHR JFK you need BA, BA. If you want MAD LHR SIN BNE you need BA,BA,BA. In this example you will get codeshares.

The site can also help if you want a last minute cheap weekend getaway and not too concerned about where to go.

Simply start with departure point

eg

LHR

in destination type each place you may like to visit…remember the commas

You will then get the lowest price from LHR to Europe or beyond on your chosen dates.

The language could really do with a whole new post…but not today.

If you Google ITA Matrix entries there is a wealth of help.

cityprofessional
    Participant

Lots of good recommendations here. Some observations:

1. Etihad is flat beds (guaranteed) all the way through, plus cars at both ends even on discounted fares (which can be a big saving depending on where you’re going to/coming from – also applies to EK)

2. Look out for Emirates companion, stopover and first class upgrade deals, which periodically turn up in all their European markets (although never seem to be available on their A380 flights)

3. Watch out for inferior products on ex-EU flights – e.g. QF sends its oldest, nastiest 747s to FRA; EK isn’t even lie flat (wedgey) ex-MXP or ex-IST, or on some of their Australian flights

4. Asiana is as good as Korean, and their flat beds are being rolled out pretty quickly, so a good chance of getting them. Although there is an overnight on the way back on both OZ/KE, it’s quite pleasant – hotel and meals provided, and daytime flights help with reducing jetlag

5. Definitely worth looking at TG in First, as there are sometimes some excellent fares. Ground service is sensational (buggies and full body massages…). While there are still some older 747s, LHR gets the refitted aircraft around 98%+ of the time

Surreyson
    Participant

I’ve booked EY (FCO-FRA (AZ) – AUH-SYD-FRA-FCO).

Been reading through Flyer Talk and some of the EY comments have given me cold feet. So much so, I am contemplating cancelling & refunding what I have booked and going with SQ. Maybe I am just being silly but most of the chat is around narrow seats in J & crowded lounges in AUH. I booked seats when making the reservation but now I cannot seem to change these through the EY website (where I made the booking).

Thoughts?!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls