Sydney hotel recommendation New Years eve 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

• donkeyasia
    Participant

Road King, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The TG 700-200’s, are tired and some even still have old business class seating, especially on less than full flights; no flat beds. Not that TG business is a real Flat bed on their new 380’s. Long-haul food is still very good but the IFE is woeful compared to the modern versions on Middle East and Asian Airlines.

As another suggestion of where to watch the festivities try to get to the North Shore, or Kirribilli, pubs and restaurants abound, and to be honest i prefer the crowd, less tourists. Enjoy your trip

macaulay
    Participant

I agree with Vintage look at Meriton Serviced Appartments,(I will be in a VERY tall one of there’s in Brisbane that night) you get several in Sydney they are not beside the bridge but from a very high floor you may still get the Harbour view check it out with the company.There is of course a large increase in price that night (or two).
    They are well managed, quite new, and try to have a no party policy.

RoadKing
    Participant

@donkeyasia: You are right, it used to be, and still is old and worn birds flying Oslo. But the latest I heard they are replacing these birds with equipment having the new seats. I cross my fingers, but I don’t worry too much. We have nevertheless got good value for the money. What we pay for OSL – BKK – AKL, MEL – BKK – OSL is what we would normally pay for a Biz OSL – FRA- LAX, half the distance.

@macaulay: Thanks for the tip. Yes, they are very expensive. I will email them and ask if we can have a high floor. We are certainly not throwing a party 🙂

donkeyasia
    Participant

@Road King, The new planes are mostly on their Asian network. Full loads and premium prices for Japanese and Taiwanese to pay for. However you are guaranteed to have a younger flight crew from Oslo. The older ones like to go to Capital cities in Europe and west coast USA, for shopping and a husband.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls