Status match – Turkish

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

goalie11
    Participant

For anyone interested, Turkish are offering a status match to Gold members of Star Alliance, OneWorld (Emerald) and Skyteam (Elite).

This link will take you to their customer site,

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

Just click in and follow the process. I think you may have to join the programme first (I was already in).

You’ll need to upload a copy of your current Gold card and a copy of a couple of months statements. I just took a screen print of my online account.

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

the link does not seem to go any where meaningfull. unless i am not seeing it

coudntthinkofaname
    Participant

Just click “customer contact” below Turkish Airlines (as opposed to the link underneath AnadoluJet) and after the Captcha page you can submit all of your details for the match.

From memory, it took them about 2 weeks to match my BAEC Gold card.

C

goalie11
    Participant

It can be a frustrating website for a number of transactions but as C above said once you get it completed it only takes a couple of weeks.

Click the link – select customer contact for Turkish – select new feedback – miles and smiles programme and complete form – fill in feedback detail (Iknow it’s not feedback but stay with it) – feedback type use comment – subject membership processing – not related to flight – then just request status match – as I say you may have to join but not sure – after that upload current card and statement screen print.

As I say a bit a process but it works.

Also, I said Skyteam Elite but it’s Elite Plus

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

thank you. i did it, lets see if they come back

not a very good web site I must say. it is so unclear

MarcusUK
    Participant

Also recommended to someone to try, thank you.
    They also have KLM Gold Elite +.

The site is tricky and it will not accept an application unless you type in a member number at the end, raises as a fault.
    He had to make one up, despite stating new application as a member at the beginning.
    See what happens…

MarcusUK
    Participant

christopheL
    Participant

My partner and I got the upgrade. It took only 1 week for him and almost 2 months for myself !

If not already a Miles & Smiles member, you need to join first.

The following link gives a very good explanation of the process.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/03/18/turkish-airlines-milessmiles-elite-card-star-alliance-gold-status-match/

The process will be quicker if you send a scan of your Skyteam / Star alliance gold card AND a screenshot of your ST/*A online account.

Raffles99
    Participant

They are only doing Gold to Gold I think. Key is that TK gives status for 2 years, my match runs to mid 2014.

Airberlin is also matching on an adhoc basis if anyone wants oneworld status, albeit only for a 4 month period.

MarcusUK
    Participant

No response received to this offer, from the colleague who applied!

MightyTravels
    Participant

Did anyone get Turkish airlines to match during 2013? I tried a couple of times but never got a response.

http://www.mightytravels.com/13232755/two_more_status_match_opportunities.php

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I didn’t get any response either.

jayjay007
    Participant

i sent them an e mail w statement + copy of gold ba

match took about 3 days only!

matcth to star gold valid for 2 years

now i need a status match to flying blue -is there any status match running now ?

MightyTravels
    Participant

Can you share which email address you sent the match to?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls