Starwood Platinum Member – Now What?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

David
    Participant

Having just crossed the threshold for Starwood’s Platinum Preferred level, I’m wondering what experience others have had with regard to recognition, upgrades, etc?

I’ve held Hyatt’s Diamond and Hilton’s Diamond level in the past and am also interested on whether you feel Starwood is any better/worse?

Many thanks.

RichHI1
    Participant

Always get suite upgrade in US, certain non US properties can be sniffy if you do not visit frequently.

Always use Preferred check in line, always get called by my name, always get choice of gift.

Get fantastic service from Platinum line reservations in US and good service from UK/Irish line.

I think that the benefits from Starwood are amongst the best for consistency of any program and I find it easy to reddem especially now award stays also count for elite status.

From experience miles better than Hilton slightly better than Hyatt.

Stress that my experience is mainly US based. Had suite upgrades also in Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Japan, China, Netherlands, Portugal, Germany and Sweden.

I always get SPG Plat suite upgrade request put on each booking (you can insert on web or call center will do it for you ).

David
    Participant

Thanks so much for your feedback, Rich. While I don’t travel much to the US I do have 7 bookings for Starwood hotels (Europe, Asia and Australia) between now and Christmas so will look forward to the hopeful extra benefits!

Best wishes.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

With Plat came Ambassador status which provides the benefit of a dedicated human contact team to look after any special, difficult requirements.

More important though, do not be backwards in coming forward in ensuring your profile is compelte and correct. Although I havent seen mine, I know that it is constantly updated with those small things that matter, such as dietary requirements, even down to your favourite cereal, which seems to appear every morning, wherever I am.

Room set up, being alcohol free, this ensures my mini bar is filled with the soft drinks I like. On high floors where there is a good view, I prefer the curtains/nets kept open to enjoy the view.

Turn down, I have to sleep with the curtains open when travelling otherwise I will sleep forever, I love being woken by the sunlight streaming though the windows (not on the ground floor though!!).

Make as much use of the Starwood service as you can – it will work for you as much as you use it!!!………………

RichHI1
    Participant

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere…
    Just got mail from SPG welcoming me to Lifetime Platinum. They have copied some of the other schemes and now offer Lifetime Platinum and Gold for members who requalified right number of times with right number of stays. Good move in my book.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

I had Platinum some years ago in connection with Centurion Card.

I always got an upgrade, except once they gave me a suite, a welcome gift and preferential treatment. The only place where they couldnt care less was in Sheraton Manhattan.
    Anywhere else, Asia, Australia, Europe it was great service.
    When I booked under my name and my wife travelled with this reservation, she got an upgrade, too, even without me. The invoice was issued to my name, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls