Starwood Announces Free Net Access for Plats from 1 March

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Actually, Malmaison/Hotel du Vin group did start charging, but you still get free net access if you are staying on a corporate rate, so it is effectively still free for business travellers.

PS it is rather confusing when we have multiple posts all from “Business Traveller”/”Site Administrator” on here; perhaps you could either use your own names with “BT Team” or have your names coloured in red or something….

Thanks for that clarification VintageKrug.

Confusion noted – to confirm, SiteAdministrator is the log in which Tom Otley uses, while BusinessTraveller is used by myself, and EditorialBusinessTravellerAP is used by our sister Asia Pacific website. But we’ll look at making that clearer.

Mark Caswell

And here’s a brief piece about Best Western introducing free internet access at its UK properties:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/best-western-offers-free-internet-access-at-uk

fu2u2UK
    Participant

Like many of you answers. I find that in China only the International hotel charge for internet conection. The Chinese hotels do not. So this not a offer

SimpleDXB
    Participant

I always think it’s a bloody outrage that hotels (esp ‘business’ hotels) charge for internet access. My standard operating procedure is object to the same and I find that 99% of the time hotels will comp the charge. It is a bloody cheek, and about time hotels stopped engaging in what is daylight bloody robbery. If I ever find myself in the position of being robbed (read having to pay for internet charges) then I will never use that hotel again – it is their choice to engage in this fools economy in ripping off their highest spending customers.

I am a Platinum SPG member, and whilst I agree this is a postive trend for others to follow, it begs the question why all Gold/Platinum members don’t already receive free internet, given they are almost certainly all business travellers…

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls