Star Alliance Lounge LHR T1

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

alanorton
    Participant

Thought I should post to advise of a positive experience at this lounge this morning.

Travelling with the family to the US in Y, am *G, but no other family member is.

At check in the US Airways rep said we could all use the lounge, which I doubted as I thought it is generally card holder plus guest.

Thought I’d give it a try, and on arrival presented my card and the 4 boarding passes. Lady on reception asked how old the children were (6 & 3), and advised they wouldn’t be registered and could enter, as could I as the card holder and my wife as a guest.

Grateful that we are were all allowed in, and helps keep my faith in general with *A. Nice quiet lounge and all enjoyed a good breakfast.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Nice to hear Alanorton

I used it in September for a morning flight and it was rammed. Lounge is OK – there are much better ones at LHR (EK/EY/QR) but much better than the UA lounge at Washington for example.

Looking forward to seeing what they offer in the new T2 when it opens – hopefully a big improvement over this lounge.

alanorton
    Participant

Would agree it is not the best, but never had reason to gripe when I’ve been here before.
    QR is, IMHO, the best at LHR.
    The lest said about UA lounge at IAD the better! (Although their F lounge is quite pleasant, which you would kind of expect it to be).

SergeantMajor
    Participant

It’s certainly not the best lounge at T1, and its location isn’t ideal being tucked away at the back of the concourse. Used to be delightful when BA had it, with its circular champagne bar and Molton Brown Spa.

I find it dark and gloomy since Star remodelled it, and the F side is like a morgue.

But at least it’s shelter from the baying Christmas hordes!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

TimFitzgeraldTC – 19/12/2013 10:16 GMT

+1

I find it an okay lounge, it usually has space, even in peak periods and the breakfast offers are okay.

And it has a 5/5 hygiene rating.

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/star-alliance-lounge–797558.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls