SQ delay 8 A380’s…

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

“SINGAPORE, Singapore — Recession-hit Singapore Airlines (SIA) said Thursday it had agreed with Airbus to defer the delivery of eight A380 superjumbo jetliners by six to 12 months.
    The airline, which posted its first quarterly loss in six years during the June quarter, already has nine A380s in operation with two more due for delivery in the current financial year.

SIA said in July it lost 307.1 million Singapore dollars (213.26 million US) in the April to June .
    The airline earned a net profit of 358.6 million dollars in the same quarter last year. Revenue declined 30 percent to 2.87 billion dollars and the airline warned it expected to report a full-year loss if the downturn continues.”

Airpocket
    Participant

My word, if a class act like SQ is taking a hit what hope is there for the mediocrities like VS?Things could get interesting since SQ actually owns a big stake in VS.Will it dump VS?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

SQ has been trying to sell its 49 per cent stake in VS for more than two years. But it can’t find a buyer.

Airpocket
    Participant

Ha ha. No surprise really. Who in their right mind would want to buy VS!

macaulay
    Participant

If they want profit…get the product right.
    When I used an early business class A380 flight the illuminated seat numbers were off for boarding,the staff were un helpful,the bulk and design of the seats dreadful.Why would I give them my money ever again?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls