SQ Business Class – Fully Flat?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Bucksnet
    Participant

Singapore Airlines appear to have a good business class seat. It is indeed very wide, only 4 across on a 777, but I fail to see how it can be fully flat: –

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore-Airlines/Boeing-777-312-ER/2049574/L/

Can anyone who’s used it explain?

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

The back flips over. The recline is poor and many people think the seat is too wide to be comfortable in the sitting position but in the flat position it is indeed flat. Some people think it’s great, I’m not one of them. Essentially it’s the same as the F seat on the 77W.

Bucksnet
    Participant

There does not appear to be much length. It looks about 4-4.5 feet max.

I_only_turn_left
    Participant

it is indeed quite tight when you first look at it but you feet go into a space at the front and your head fits into the back once the seat is down so a 6 foot person sleeps slightly angled but still horzontal. it is comfortable but sometimes I’ve ended up putting extra blankets underneath similar the BA F matress cover on the older seat, works a charm.

ZKSmith
    Participant

This video demonstrates the seat folding forwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HaG8QvxqIo

DanDare1975
    Participant

I’ve used it several times. The design is very good as a bed, one of the best I’ve tried. There’s loads of room width ways, although it’s a bit tight length ways if you’re over 6ft. However I don’t think it works well at all as a seat. There’s too little adjustment and not enough support to make it comfortable as a seat to sit on for long periods, or for when you are eating.

RussShaw6
    Participant

I have used it a few times…and will do so again in a few weeks. I agree with the comments above…as a ‘seat’, it is okay but not great…as a bed, it is very good (it is fully flat and you sleep on an angle to get maximum length). There is also a lot of personal space because the seat is much wider than a ‘normal’ business class seat. Coupled with SQ’s excellent service and in-flight entertainment, I highly recommend it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls