SPG and Marriott merger

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Recently announced the new rewards programme starting in August 2018, merging SPG and Marriott.

Plenty of other information available via Google..

Tramor01
    Participant

Under the new scheme they’ve downgraded SPG Gold late check out benefit – it’s currently 4PM check out, from August it will be 2PM
    I’m currently platinum (but I’ve got lifetime gold), if I don’t achieve platinum this year I may think twice and re focus on Hilton

I see they’re dropping the SPG stay 25 times to achieve platinum
    Seem to be aligning more with Marriott levels

Martyn – I just missed you, I was in BKK last week

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I am the opposite of Tramor01. I was pleased at this change to Marriott / SPG as it means that my Marriott LTG will gain benefits for me at SPG properties. I shall loose my HH Diamond status at the end of this year, and HH Gold does not guarantee lounge access, but Marriott Gold does.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What’s interesting is the Flyertalk SPG moderator who I met here in BKK several years ago was able to negotiate a special Lifetime Platinum Elite status, qualification is only valid for this year, directly with David Flueck, a senior guy at Marriott rewards…

Starwood Lifetime Elites Petition Marriott for Better Treatment

I think the new rewards programme is very clear and concise with 6 levels, clearly defined category 1 – 6. There are some winners and some losers… I am pleased, I remain static, unless I can find an SPG GM, willing to sell me 134 additional nights for 2018…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls