South American flight refunds

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• STORMIN'
    Participant

My other half was due to return from Colombia next week following a quick trip back to visit her family. We normally ticket her out of Bogota because it’s cheaper that way, so each return trip starts there. Because of the travel ban into the UK from that part of the world, I called Iberia to cancel the ticket and seek a full refund. I am told that for that to happen, there is a penalty of Euro 300 each way against the ticket price of about £1,000 (Premium Economy) on the basis that this is supposedly a special price and that there are no plans to cancel the operation of the flights. I have checked Flight Radar 24 to see if the flights have operated on recent days, including the MAD / LHR connection, and they have. On this basis, I suspect that contractually, Iberia are correct but I would welcome any thoughts on this as it does seem unreasonable in the circumstances

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

[postquote quote=1089865]

If she holds residency in the UK, my understanding is that she is still able to return? As per FCO advice published on 14th January.

“From 4am Friday 15 January 2021, passengers who have been in or transited through Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Cape Verde, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Panama, Portugal (including Madeira and the Azores), Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela in the last 10 days will no longer be granted access to the UK.

This does not include British and Irish Nationals, or third country nationals with residence rights in the UK, who will be able to enter the UK but are required to self-isolate for 10 days on arrival along with their household.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls