South Africa Opening Up

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

For all Africa hands on this Forum, if you’ve been vaccinated, you no longer need a PCR test to enter South Africa. The passenger locator form has also been done away with.

You no longer need to wear masks outside but must still do when entering public places, shops and restaurants. However enforcement here is extremely rare and many people go around with the mask around their chin and no one says anything.

Curfew is over and liquor can be freely bought but only consumed in your home or licensed premises.

3 users thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Ghana is moving in a very similar direction. As of last night, masks are no longer compulsory, restrictions on gatherings have been lifted and, for travellers, no pre-departure PCR test is needed and there is no testing on arrival, provided you can show proof of vaccination. We will see how this goes.

1 user thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1207503]

I will be in Cape Town in November if you will be there LP??

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=1207544]I will be in Cape Town in November if you will be there LP??[/quote]

There’s a very strong possibility I will be and will definitely meet up if you’re there. Let me have your dates and let’s stay in touch via Martyn.
    I can highly recommend the Mount Nelson if you’re looking for a great place to stay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls