Snow disruption

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Seems Frankfurt airport is now closed. Am stuck in Terminal 1 and can get nowhere near the one LH member of staff at the counter airside.

Sorry to hear that Martyn. My forecast that it wouldn’t come to anything was hopelessly wrong. I have just spent the morning shovelling snow. Let us know how things turn out.

FDoS, thanks for that info. I have only been to Malta once and it was November. I arrived home as brown as a berry.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Menzies are doing their best, but only 1 desk open and no word or sight from or of any LH staff.

Been assured im on the next flight!!

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

It looks like the next flight scheduled to operate is LH909 at 15.05. Good luck Martyn!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks HT.

Nearly at the front of the Q. Menzies are saying flights will go – they quote 2.30, but will let you know.

EDIT – moved to the LH 903, so will see what time I get off.
    EDIT – 14.35 UK,at least now sitting in an aeroplane (next to a snoring American)…. 🙁 not sure if or when we are going to move off the stand)

esselle
    Participant

If we are being pedantic about the spelling, whisky is from Scotland or Canada, and whiskey is from Ireland or the USA.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

At the moment it looks like both LH & BA have cancelled everything for the rest of the day.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Indeed, I have now been off loaded.

The positive- at least Heathrow was not the cause of the cancelation.

The negative – oy vay, a few cancelled flights and Heathrow comes to a standstill. The lines to change flights, to go through security, you have to leave the system to make a new reservation. Its a mess……………..

Off home, for a whisky or three………..

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Well deserved! Save FRA for another day.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls