Slowest trip to the airport – is this a record?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• MrDarwin
    Participant

Also doesn’t beat the record, but an opposite experience in Kolkata – the airport was a 15 minute drive from the hotel, and my flight was departing at the unsociable time of 6am. The hotel insisted my car should take me no later than at 2am to make sure I was there at least 3 hours before my flight. There is no traffic, even in Kolkata, in the middle of the night. The poor guy nearly had a stroke when I said 4am would be fine – so we settled on 3.30am (and a minor stroke).

Needless to say at 3.45am I was at the airport still way too early… (it was the old airport – I presume the new one is open now which is even more space with nothing to do?).

Ekond222
    Participant

DG…How long did it take to get to the airport (albeit departing the hotel 50 mins later than anticipated).
    To get from check-in to airside in 1.5hours is actually quite quick for Luanda – in the past I have factored in 2hours for that part of the process.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

The car trip took about 40 minutes Ekond – so I had about 90 minutes to kill at the airport before I could start to check in. I was well prepared with an excellent novel in my bag.

One irony was that transport for us – the various visitors – was not easy for them to arrange becuase the rector of the university was due to fly out. They clearly reckon on having most of the uiversity’s car pool available to get their top man into the airport and out.

Haggis68
    Participant

in 2008 I stayed at the Meridian Al Khobar, left the airport at 9am on Wedenesday morning to go to our office in Bharain before flying back to Dubai at 18:30. Wednesday is start of weekend in Saudi and hit a traffic jam on the causway to Bahrain where we crawled along eventually arriving at Bahrain Airport at 17:35…
    On another not was in Doha yesterday, West Bay. Asked taxi driver how long to airport… 25 minutes with no traffic and 15 with traffic! Asked 3 times to make sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls