Skyteam to SFO in Business – advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

flydrive
    Participant

I’m booking a leisure trip from Europe to San Francisco in business with Skyteam. My options are AF through CDG, or DL via JFK. KL is not available, unfortunately. I have tried AF business and not so impressed, and even though I can take the A380, it will not be the new product they are rolling out. DL would be their new flat beds to NY, and then their transcontinental service, which I understand is better than normal US first. Anyone with experience on these, or advce on which carrier to take?

sparkyflier
    Participant

I am not sure where in Europe you are flying from, but if it needs to be a Skyteam flight code, you could try Delta, but onboard the Virgin flight from London Heathrow.

DL and VS are very close partners now, although VS is not yet Skyteam.

glbetrkkr
    Participant

DL has a very good business class product: lie flat seats, 1-2-1 seating. Usually, it operates a 767 on Europe to JFK flights. For flights from JFK to SFO, DL operates 757, but not fully lie flat seats. Though, DL does provide the Westin Heavenly Bedding on the JFK-SFO flights. By the end of the year, though, DL is installing lie flat seats on its 757 transcon planes. If you’re connecting through JFK, you can access the SkyClub which, in my opinion, isn’t anything to write home about. Yes, it’s open and airy and has a terrace, but the offerings are pretty paltry (packaged hummus with carrots and celery, crackers, etc)

flydrive
    Participant

Sorry sparkyflyer, but Virgin won’t work. Could fly from London, but the fares are roughly double and we will be on the continent already.

flydrive
    Participant

Thanks, glbetrkkr, that is useful info. Even though Delta requires breaking the long journey, I like the idea of the flat bed to get at least some snooze time. I know DL’s lounges, and yes, not a great offering!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls