Singapore BA/Oneworld lounges…advice please!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

JonathanM8
    Participant

I am travelling through Singapore twice (to and from Australia) before the end of March, so whilst the BA/Qantas First lounge is closed.
    The Qantas website seems to direct qualifying passengers (I am BAEC Gold) to the Emirates Lounge. Or I could use the Qantas/BA Business Lounge. (Or there is the SATS Premier Lounge (which doesnt sound that great!). Has anyone out there got recent experience of these lounges and if so can suggest the best option?

JonathanM8
    Participant

is there anyone in the forum who can share their experience?

Papillion53
    Participant

JonathanM8

We travelled through SIN last year, so am afraid my information may not still be correct but this is what we experienced.

Depending on your connection time at SIN, it is a long walk from the gates to the BA lounges but going out to Oz, we did get off promptly and walked very fast to the lounges and got a shower no problem (clean, lots of hot water, clean towels, basic toiletries) and had time for a drink and ice-cream (highly recommended by VK and my DH!). It was a bit of a bun fight as they were using the old business lounge as F lounge but allowed entry also to all business pax and golds, silvers etc. It was quite busy and some selfish people just love to take up four seats with their bags, and don’t get me started on smelly feet!

On the way back from Oz, our timings gave us a very short time and to be honest by the time we walked to the lounge and found it packed, we just headed back to the gate, it wasn’t worth the trek!

Remember you have to go back through security at the gate, and there is no fast track – it’s all for one and one for all!

I am sure someone with BA/one world status can maybe suggest an alternative if there is one for you or correct if my info is wrong.

Have a great trip JonathanM8! 🙂

Foreignescape
    Participant

I hope when you travel the Oneworld lounge has reopened (closed for redevelopment when I passed through on the weekend).

As I was traveling QANTAS we were directed to the Emirates lounge.
    – Showers not working (and the one that did have hot water is positioned next to the urinals)
    – Dated lounge
    – Over crowed (even more so than the OW lounge at peak times)

Disappointing after the normal transit facilities you become accustomed to in Singapore.

janrotterdam
    Participant

Just last week I travelled back from Singapore with Emirates back to Dubai. The lounge was in perfect working condition….showers worked, not crowded, plenty of food and drinks, with a wide choice. Immaculate service……
    But yes, the layout and furniture is a bit old fashioned….

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Can’t speak to the Emirates lounge, but of the oneworld lounges the best at the moment is probably the Cathay/Skyview lounge. I gather the temporary BA/QANTAS lounges get pretty crowded

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls