Singapore airport – does not deserve to be named as the best airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• AlanOrton1
    Participant

1. This can happen at a great many airports, HKG included. I wouldn’t say Changi doesn’t suffer from holding delays (in my experience), but no worse than other busy airports all over the world.
    2. I’ve generally found Changi to be the fastest airport I’ve cleared immigration at.
    3. Can’t comment on this, but the only time I’ve witnessed additional security on de-planing was coming in on a flight from PVG.
    4. Not the sort of thing that would make my blood pressure rise(!)
    5. Try schlepping between terminals at JFK, ORD, LHR, PEK etc. Makes Changi seem like a breeze
    6. This can happen at any airport

Always good to read other’s experiences, though I have to say I’d place Changi at the top of my list of major airports to travel in and out of.

Pies1311
    Participant

Being my current home airport could not disagree more. I find Changi streets ahead of all other airports I have travelled through (incl HKG many times) in terms of efficiency. Yes there can sometimes be a long hold for take off but that is no different to many of the large hub airports.
    Experience in the terminals really depends on which one you are travelling from. I find Term 1 and 3 the best. Compared to the others, Terminal 2 is a bit of a dump…its clearly showing its age, it a shame SQ still use it for short haul services. Flew out of Terminal 4 for the first time late last year and was impressed with all the automation, even on boarding.

I do agree with some of the other comments, I find the carpet annoying with trolley bags. The SQ lounges in both Term 2 and 3 definitely need an upgrade.

fatbear
    Participant

In recent years I have only been in transit at Changi and I don’t think it is particularly outstanding. The security queues at the gate are chaotic and the security staff are miserable and impolite. Also, the way of getting the free WiFi code is bizarre.

The BA First class and Business class lounges are fine, the Cactus Garden is interesting, and the airside Aerotel Hotel was better than expected. I am not one for shopping though.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls