Singapore Airlines B777-200 (Config.3) Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

alanorton – When flying with SIA within Asia-Pacific you need to check the plane type to avoid disappointment.

Above I mentioned the different plane types flying between Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne.

In the case of Singapore-Hong Kong, SIA operates seven daily flights using three plane types: A380 (two flights), B777-300ER (one flight) and B777-200 (four flights). So three of these flights (those operated by the A380 and B777-300ER) would have the latest flat bed seats disposed 1-2-1.

Ian_from_HKG – SIA’s A330s have angled lie-flat seating. They can typically be found operating flights to Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth.

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Singapore-Airlines/seatplans/A330-9

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Sorry if my post wasn’t clear, Alex – I was talking about the CX flights, not SQ’s.

alanorton
    Participant

Minor technical point, but last 2 CX A330’s I’ve flown on HKG / SIN had the old J seating. 20:00 departure out of HKG, which is a popular one as it’s the only early / mid evening departure. (Previous one is at 16:00).
    Service was still outstanding, mind.
    Service from both SQ & CX are pretty much world beaters, IMHO

IanFromHKG
    Participant

As, I said, the CX A330s on that route could be regional or long-haul. All the long-haul fleet has been retrofitted already, so unless your flights were some time ago you must have had the regional version. The good news on that front is that the retrofit with the new regional business class is due to be completed by the third quarter of this year (see the 8th paragraph at http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/about-us/press-room/press-release/2014/Cathay-pacific-announces-2013-annual-results.html)

Unfortunately, although the CX site does show aircraft types on timetables and on the booking site, it isn’t very good at indicating variant of that airframe is being rostered for specific flights until you already have your ticket and try to select your seat!

CXDiamond
    Participant

Equally CX are masters of last minute swaps on regional services. You can believe you have a regional or long haul aircraft but you really only know when you step aboard.

At least on SQ you generally know in advance.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Every time I have had an equipment change on CX in recent memory it has been to switch from regional to long-haul, so effectively an upgrade. Which suits me fine, although I agree that it can be annoying if you have managed to snag a particularly good seat on the original booking

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls