Singapore Airlines A380 (Config 2) First

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• BigDog.
    Participant

Superb report John – I guess the ultimate flying experience in many respects better than private jet (especially for those of use who are not comfortable in overly confined spaces)

I have never had a client who would agree to F class expenses so am now in a dilemma.

Many thanks for the insights John, I hope one day I’ll get to try it…. one day.

JonathanM8
    Participant

Sounds like a fantastic experience!! ‘She who must be obeyed’ and I have travelled twice as the only passengers in First – albeit BA, not SIA. It is an experience that must be as close to your own private jet as possible – but with more room! On the first trip (to SFO) the ever-obliging purser introduced my wife to Blue label whisky, which has had a lasting impact on her drink preference (and my wallet!)

HilaryJames
    Participant

What a lovely experience and an excellent report.

I fly on SIA at least six times a year between London and Singapore and have done for many years. I’ve never managed to get the F cabin to myself or indeed with just one other. You were very lucky and I’m so glad you enjoyed it.

Bullfrog
    Participant

The only way to fly ! .. Great report, and thank you for sharing.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi BigDog

The difference between full Business and cheap First on SIA is sometimes not that much – can be as low as £300-400 one way to Australia for example. So if you can bear the cost of that part yourself then may be doable – or if they have an offer fare on it could even be cheaper. If you combined cheapest First and cheapest Business (if available one way) then this is less than Full Business return (if that makes sense).

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Amazing review JohnHarper, you were two very lucky people to make a trip as you describe. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for writing about it in just the right amount of detail.

JohnHarper
    Participant

We’re off to SYD tomorrow with SIA, Mrs JH is hoping this all happens again – somehow I doubt it will!

PatJordan
    Participant

I look forward to reading your report, John.

Hope you have a great trip.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. John. One of the best reviews I’ve ever read.

Please keep them coming.

A happy and safe 2014 to all.

Kindest regards, Simon

judeghl
    Participant

Looking forward to your review and experience for this flight, John! ….Can’t wait!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls