SILVERJET flights suspended

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

AussieM
    Participant

Great shame this morning to hear Silverjet have…as yet…been unable to secure funding from their Middle East source.
    They have therefore suspended all flights, & their website appears off line.

I flew them some weeks ago to Dubai, & the relaxation of NOT going via LHR, the lounge welcome & attentative service before & during the flight was stimulating compared to other airlines C class. I would have thought some wealthy individual would have picked them up, upgraded the aircraft, & actually wanted a small Business only Airline, with a few, but great service that has succeeded. It was breaking even i believe…

A great shame, as for the young staff group who appeared to put their all into making the airline well regarded…sincerely hope they find funding & re-commence.

However, all concerned in their staff teams deserve to be congratulated in a very competative industry, with only big players surviving.
    Their efforts have been much valued, & they should be proud of the work they have achieved…they really had re-created a long gone ease, & enjoyment of travel…

RebeccaBallatine
    Participant

I also flew with them to Dubai and the service by the staff was brilliant. The Silver lounge is great and as you say totally stress free. It is a great shame.

GoneWithTheWinds
    Participant

I think someone should launch an all-first class airline – now.

When the crunch comes the successful people are the ones who expand when everyone else fails.

kavaqc1
    Participant

a real, real shame Silverjet were brilliant

DanielLough
    Participant

Having flown with Silverjet on a number of occasions on the Dubai – Luton – Dubai route I am really disappointed at this. The service on the ground and in the air was excellent, as was the value for money. I hope the staff are being looked after properly. They deserve it. Now back to the faceless big carriers for me unfortunately.

peterthompson
    Participant

Silverjet.
    I have used them twice in the last couple of months on the
    New York run ,its a great shame to hear the news ,the service
    and staff where Spot on.
    I hope somebody comes to there rescue, if i could i would !
    All the best to all at Silverjet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls