Should BA give an incentive beside the tier points?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

germantraveller
    Participant

Since 2008 I have had gold status, obtaining between 800 and 1000 tier points yearly. This year BA has nearly doubled the required points to 1500 for me. I will have to accept the silver status. My intention to get more than 600 points will tend to zero. Consequently I will book more economy flights or change to a cheaper airline.
    I imagine many other frequent travellers think alike.
    Granting an additional stimulation between the large interval of 600 to 1500 tier points – for example bonus avios when reaching 800 or 1000 tier points or anything other – could be a win- win ratio for BA and its customers like me.
    What do you think of it?

CXDiamond
    Participant

They are the rules and I can only see them being tightened rather than relaxed.

If we believe the publicity BA planes are full so they don’t need to give you any incentives to travel with them and I’ll guarantee they won’t miss you if you go elsewhere.

You could always try for the 100 000 points you need to be a Senator on LH?

chriswiles
    Participant

I’ve just posted my own question on BA Gold, primarily as I’m using it and travelling on BA using my Avios points.

There does appear to be a huge gap between Silver and Gold. It’s actually quite difficult for an average person to get Gold. Let’s face it, you’re online likely to get Gold if you’re travelling on business!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls