Serous BA complaint how long do I wait?

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

I posted about hard case falls on passenger thread.

At last I got a reference number and have sent in a full documentation of complaint this was over a month ago now. Any advice on how long I have to wait for some kind of reply. I still cannot send hospital report as no way to attach documents. I asked but no reply.

They will not give me a direct email for the person dealing with this.

Any views.?

Ben
    Participant

I fail to understand what this has to do with readers.
    It’s your complaint and nothing to do with anyone else

FDOS
    Participant

Ben, this is a forum with a tradition of mutual support and assistance.

Your comment would fit better on other frequent flyer fora, as the community here tends not to make snarky comments.

Have a nice day.

FDOS
    Participant

Norbert, maybe time to open a case with CEDR (if more than 8 weeks have passed) and see if it falls within scope?

Good luck.

norbert2008
    Participant

Thank you FDOS think its 6 weeks will do that if I hear nothing.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DNAdams
    Participant

I have had need to complain a few times over the years and have always emailed Sean Doyle and Alex Cruz (in the past) directly – [email protected]

I have always been successful in getting a response within a couple of weeks and always get the amount of Avios I have requested in my complaint.

Last two service recovery Avios awards covered the cost of my recent return London to MEX trip in J. Always worth asking if that is what you want as compensation.

norbert2008
    Participant

DNADAMS

Interesting I sent an email to Doyle last night and today I received a reply to the complaint. Totally washed there hands of the whole affair, so round two next. Was it a coincidence or???

tonywells1961
    Participant

Hi,

I have been in a similar position recently with BA who seem to have a policy of issuing “off the shelf” replies to deny any claim and hope you go away.
    I would just wait and go to the CEDR 6/8 weeks after the final reply from BA. I have done that twice recently and been successful.

Good luck.

DNAdams
    Participant

norbert2008,

All depends on what your complaining about and how you write it. Not sure how they can ‘wash their hands of it’ if its a legit complaint.

Perhaps coincidence or perhaps it was the complaint content. Did you even ask what you wanted out of it? If you don’t then they wont offer anything. Did you compliment any part of your journey that whet well or just complain? Did you complain on the plane to the crew or gets names as that always gets recorded and makes your complaint more credible.

Anyway, good luck with round 2.

norbert2008
    Participant

Thank you DNA it was a passenger who was hit on the head by a hard case falling from the overhead lockers, no crew in cabin when passengers were boarding. I asked for up to £100K to get them to think. She remains not well and we have no idea what medical cost will be incurred.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

norbert2008 – just a thought. Does the injured party have any legal insurance attached to a household policy? If it does, it may be worth checking with the insurers whether injuries/claims for the nature sustained are covered. I cant remember if this sort of additional benefit is also included in travel policies, but it may be worth asking. If it is, it may act as an encouragement for someone to investigate the complaint in a speedier manner.

1 user thanked author for this post.

SenatorGold
    Participant

You should not expect a substantive reply from BA in the near future. I don’t know the facts, but this may give rise to a personal injury claim, alleging negligence. Whether BA is liable depends on the facts. I would not expect them at this stage, if at all, to respond admitting liability. They will need to be informed fully of the nature of the claim and the extent of the injury. This is usually done by way of a letter before action. If the injury is substantial I would suggest seeking the advice of personal injury lawyers.

2 users thanked author for this post.

JayLibove
    Participant

Two thoughts:
    1. (I worked in risk management at Delta Air Lines in the 2000s) Anything in a message that comes in through a customer service channel, which suggests legal action, goes to the law department, which will answer deliberately, formally, and in line with legal risk management. In other words, not likely quickly. It’s rarley a good idea to mention legal consequences (or “asks” which clearly fall into the space that would only ever be “offered” under legal order), unless/until other service and administrative level attempts have been exhausted, as it will most likely delay any real response (and may harden the stance).
    2. I submitted detailed after-flight feedback on a recent BA inter-continental Premium Economy + Business Class journey. I promptly recieved an insultingly empty “thank you for telling us; it shouldn’t have been that way” (with zero actual attention to the detail of my comments), plus a £60 voucher if I buy new service on BA during the next 45 days (which I won’t). I replied back to BA’s customer service – which didn’t answer – and then just a few minutes ago forwarded it all to BA’s CEO, suggesting that if they want to offer compensation to someone who didn’t ask for any, then the compensation should be meaningful…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls