Self tag your bag – what is the point?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

On Monday I was on a flight from LHR T3. After checking in at a kiosk out popped my final destination tag along with my boarding pass.

I have done this before at Oslo, Frankfurt and LHR T1 and have no problem doing so….but I still have to join a queue and hand over my bag.

Does this really save the airline in question time?

NTarrant
    Participant

I thought the same when I checked in in Paris for an AF flight to AMS, printed boarding pass and luggage labels only to hand them over to an agent who checked our ID!

Having said that I found the Air New Zealand domestic system quite good. Get boarding passes and luggage labels and then just place them on a conveyor belts and that is it. There were a couple of staff floor walking and helping people if they needed it. That was a few years back now, might have changed.

slotski
    Participant

Agree with NT. I flew ANZ domestic and it was genuinely self service.

Simon01
    Participant

Air New Zealand’s checkin for both domestic and international
    all kiosk based,works really well and beats those queues !
    Hear there is more innovation on the way from this kiwi carrier to make
    the airport a little easier

icenspice
    Participant

Seems Air NZ has a good system in place. After all, I had already scanned my passport at the kiosk so all check-in formalities had been completed. Although the ‘bag drop’ queue was short, I still had to present my boarding pass and ID.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls